Vent. Probable relapse.

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Vent. Probable relapse.

Postby beth22 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:09 am

IBS can alternate between D and C. I've had that happen too. Usually with c diff, the D continues, but everyone is different. When I had low grade c diff, it was not continual, but I did not treat it either except with Pepto Bismol.

susant
Regular Contributor

Postby susant » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:43 pm

Everything came back negative. I am worried about false negative for c diff but hoping that isn't the case. Starting on vsl3 and being tested for celiac now. If the test was pcr hopefully it's not false.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:31 pm

Not many false negatives with PCR. 90 to 92 per cent accuracy. Stop worrying , start exercising - gradually - and try to move on. We all know how difficult that is.

Perp us posted. We care.

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:26 am

It is so difficult to move-on especially if, after 16 months, my colon is still sore nearly every day. BM's are totally normal, but afterwards (especially if there are more than 1 or 2), my colon is inflamed. And, in the afternoon, when stuff is moving through, my colon is sore and inflamed. I take Tylenol extra and it helps somewhat, but I am never sure what is causing it. I watch my diet and avoid the usual suspects, but it is hard to know exactly what to avoid. Some days, my colon is calm and I am lulled into thinking I've finally got a handle on this, and then the next day - wham. I exercise, take on-line classes, and try to live as normal a life as possible. Sometimes, I get discouraged and think this is going to be my life forever. I know, I am old (70) take Prevacid for a PPI (just an OTC 1 x/day and then go off periodically for a few days), have a bad heart, and other issues, but when is it ever going to end? I guess I just have to vent and it's nice to have this support group filled with people who know the monster up close and personal like I do. Take care everyone.
Aloha,
Anne

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:16 am

I have the same as you, Anne. Soreness, but also lots of gas after I eat at times. That causes cramping sometimes too. I have SIBO though and now apparently either yeast or a parasite. But, hopefully it will gradually get better and better for all of us.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:36 am

Here, too, except I don't watch what I eat anymore after many years of being "careful." Tonight I went to a book club, ate Mexican bean dip. Came home and had two glasses of red wine (lots of ice even tho red), chicken and veg. salad, and two ice cream bars - used Lactaid first. I usually don't combine offenders but am tired of being careful. I will probably be sick tomorrow. I never know. Part of the uncertainty of this infection. One day good, one day bad. I am 73 - 3 bouts of C. diff., lst one lasting 4 years - l993-l997, l999, 2012 - all linked to antibiotics. I am 73 and nearing 74 and my 22 yr. anniversary with C. diff. - not one I want to celebrate.

PPI's have been linked to C diff. in some reports. Also hard on the bones. I take an acid reducer (not considered as "bad" ) called Ranidine - 150 mg 2 X a day (generic for Zantac). It works better for me than the PPI did.

Go ahead and vent. This is the place!! Know just how you feel. Why me?? Why so long?

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:52 am

Thread is too long so am closing. Pls start new thread with same name plus "Part 2."

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”