Does it ever end?

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Does it ever end?

Postby Bobbie » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:53 pm

I agree with Beth and Anne. Call your doctor. Let us know what happens.

Rlcross
New User

Postby Rlcross » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:21 pm

We'll I will tell you when you think it's bad it's never as bad as it could be I called my dr no reply.... Shocking I called the GI in virginia I have an appt with they can't get me in any sooner... Then I got a call from the hospital I am employed by they told me that they have a rule that they can only hold your employment for so long even if you are on FMLA and that my time has expired and they are going to have to terminate me... Wow I swear I am just in shock my fever is holding at around 100 if it goes back up I guess I will have to go to the er. We need to tie a ribbon around a part of our houses to show how many lives this disease has destroyed!!!!!!!!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:49 pm

I'm so sorry about your job. Right now you have to concentrate on your health. I had to cut back my teaching for this coming Fall because I got sick with whooping cough and just don't have the strength to work full time right now. All the years I had c diff, I kept working full time and this stupid illness was just too much and something that could have been prevented had the students only told the school what they had and I could have been treated immediately when I got symptoms. Life is not fair and in your case right now especially. If the fever does not subside, I would really go to the ER or urgent care. You don't want to fool around and guess at what is wrong. If you have to go back on medication for c difficile, then do so and discuss other options with your new GI when you go for that appointment. Even if you have a stool transfer, you have to take vanco or another med as a prep before.

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:40 am

I, too, am sorry to learn of your job loss. The U.S. is extremely backward in terms of worker protections. However, you might want to consider a consult with a disability lawyer re: getting a short-term benefit. Many lawyers will give an initial consult at no charge, or at least give a no-cost opinion, on the phone, as to the strength of your case. I think disability lawyers generally work on a contingency basis, meaning they get paid only if you win the benefit.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:06 am

I agree with Aliss. I would contact the Labor Board in your state and tell them what has happened. FMLA is the law, I think you get 12 weeks but I could be wrong. Check with them. So sorry you have to deal with the job issue and be sick. Hope you get help with both and feel better. Let us know how you do.
CAROL

Rlcross
New User

Postby Rlcross » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:06 pm

I just got out of the hospital and I have a question for you guys.... When you have cdiff do you have both toxin a and toxin b because I had a test showing positive toxin b? I tried reading about it on the internet but it's not real specific.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:05 pm

This thread has reached its limit of three pages. Please start another thread with the same name and Part II.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”