Absolutely heartbroken

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
JenniferH
Regular Contributor

Absolutely heartbroken

Postby JenniferH » Thu May 22, 2014 3:42 pm

Some of you may remember me. I contracted cdif FOUR years ago. I battled it, got rid of it. And was left with PI IBS, anxiety, depression, and PTSD. I'm extremely clean, have used probiotics, and natural meds. Then today, BAM, B&M. I'm very close to becoming hysterical. I've already requested a test, and I swear I don't think I can live through this again. I'm falling apart!!!!!!

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Re: Absolutely heartbroken

Postby seekingcure » Thu May 22, 2014 10:42 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I'll be praying that you have a virus or something else going on besides c-diff. Let us know what you find out. Hang in there! Bea
Bea

gm37
Long Time Contributor

Postby gm37 » Thu May 22, 2014 10:46 pm

Jennifer,
I do remember you!! You had quite a long battle with c-diff issues.
I am sorry that you are having problems. I do think it is always a good idea to be tested. I keep a test kit and prescription at home to this day and am not embarrassed to use it! It is so nice to hear that it is negative.
B and M can happen for many reasons besides c-diff. M is a sign of inflammation. I would suggest you drink a lot of water and eat a bland diet while you wait for test results. Like many of us, this could just be a flare-up of colitis. I hope so.
If it continues, talk to your doctor. Keep us posted. I will be hoping this is just a small bump in the road.
Anne

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri May 23, 2014 1:31 am

There are other infections that can cause B & M. Campylobacter is one of them, and I believe e coli can do it as well. If you are testing, have a regular stool culture done too to rule out other pathogens. You might want to do an ova and parasite test too. It's possible you picked up another bacteria, but even a virus can do that. Let us know what happens. I remember you too.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Fri May 23, 2014 6:36 am

I am trying to get over an almost 3 week stomach virus. There are bad bugs going around so you might have picked up one of those. They seem to hang on a long time. Don't panic yet, hang in there. I was sure I had CDiff but I just got my neg. spec. result yesterday so that was a relief. I'm still not feeling terrific but do feel better. I'll bet its either a bug or IBS acting up. Try to stay calm. Let us know how you do.
CAROL

JenniferH
Regular Contributor

Postby JenniferH » Mon May 26, 2014 5:44 pm

Cdiff negative.
But, my pancreas is inflamed. (pancreatitis) Caused from a wheat sensitivity!!!!
Both diagnosed from my natural path and western med doc.
My NP had me cut out all gluten products, and prescribed natural herbs to purge the liver, gallbladder, and pancreas. The gi symptoms are gone now. It terrified the heck out of me! I have PTSD from my past ordeal, so I really flip! It's frustrating how many food sensitivities I have now. Yeast, gluten, caffeine, spicy food, ugh....
But yes, the pancreas can cause internal bleeding, and M. Along with pain, under the ribs, on the left side. So if anyone of you have these symptoms, have your pancreas checked!!!!

pinkangel
Regular Contributor

Postby pinkangel » Mon May 26, 2014 6:05 pm

Oh wow glad it is not cdiff but pancreas problems are painful. Gluten seems to be an issue with a few of us after cdiff. I am not sure why exactly but at least it is easily treatable. I have been on a gluten free diet as well. I am thinking of eventually getting the celiac test done. I get some bloat after yeast and the gluten just causes many issues. I have been able to add back some dairy but really miss my gluten.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon May 26, 2014 6:41 pm

I have had intermittent pancreatitis or at least an elevation of the enzymes since c diff. I am negative for gluten intolerance and celiac though. I have heard of a few others who wound up with gall bladder disease or pancreatic problems. Not sure how the c diff does it, but it seems to. Glad your test was negative and I hope the herbs help. Please pm me what you are taking as I will ask the doctor about trying those for my pancreatitis. Thanks.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”