WWW - Waiting, Watching, Worrying as usual

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Bobbie
Administrator

WWW - Waiting, Watching, Worrying as usual

Postby Bobbie » Fri May 09, 2014 2:43 pm

Went to PCP day before yesterday for a UA. Waiting for the results. She said if I do have an infection (initial test OK - sending for culture), she doesn't want to treat me but would like me to go to urologist.

Tired of doctors' offices, tired of waiting for tests, just plain tired.

Going outside to garden. Maybe it will help my mood.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Re: WWW - Waiting, Watching, Worrying as usual

Postby getwellsoon » Fri May 09, 2014 3:49 pm

I'll keep you in my prayers that it isn't a UTI. She must not think its a terrible infection if she won't treat it. You probably should go to a Urologist anyway, I know what you mean about Drs. but sometimes we just have to go. I'm still not feeling 100%, this stomach bug is the pits. My brother in NJ has had it for 3 days and he never gets sick. It must be going around all over the country. Hang in there Bobbie.
CAROL

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri May 09, 2014 6:43 pm

Thx., Carol, have a good weekend.

code3rn
Regular Contributor

Postby code3rn » Fri May 09, 2014 8:12 pm

So sorry Bobbie, it seems sometimes like it's always an uphill battle with our health, doesn't it? If you do have to see a urologist, hopefully he can actually do/say something to help you with your recurring utis. Too had they don't have urine transplants! Haha. Hope you are able to do something relaxing this weekend, keep your chin up

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat May 10, 2014 1:55 am

I guess Bobbie, Carol and I make a great trio. Bobbie - I hope it is not an UTI, but perhaps just your IC kicking up. Carol, yes, there are a lot of intestinal viruses going around. Kids at school have had some. I hope it clears soon, although after c diff, I find that what goes away quickly in other individuals, takes me a lot longer and that is probably true for you as well. Both of you hang in there. As for me - I have pancreatitis (posted in free from discussion) and will see what next week and the future brings. WWW are the key words.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat May 10, 2014 12:32 pm

We went to a movie and dinner last night. Didn't hear re. UA yet.

Happy Mother's Day.

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Postby seekingcure » Sat May 10, 2014 11:51 pm

Bobbie, Carol and Beth, I'm so sorry to hear you are all not feeling well. As for me, I have an appointment next week with the periodontist to see about fixing my receding gums. I'm afraid antibiotics will be standard treatment. It seems like it's always something, isn't it? Hope you all are better soon.
Bea

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun May 11, 2014 12:47 am

I had perio disease and it was treated with a minor surgery (not so minor then - years ago) but minor now. I didn't have to take an antibiotic. I keep my teeth "squeaky clean" - keep a dental bag in my purse with toothpaste, mouthwash, dental picks etc. and go the bathroom and brush my teeth after we eat out. (As I age, like to cook less and eat our more.) I am the perio's "star pupil." Nice to be a star somewhere.

How is the new baby? How many g. children do you have now. Are they all in N./S. Carolina?

How are you feeling?

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”