Back to the Dr I go.

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
saraht
Long Time Contributor

Back to the Dr I go.

Postby saraht » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:23 am

Made an appt for Thursday with my primary, called in this morning and got in today. I've been having some chest discomfort, and random sharp pains on and off. Started last Thursday night, thought maybe it was gas pains or something GI related since I'm having an IBS episode. Waited it out through the weekend, but my anxiety about it has me pushed over the edge. I've run all kinds of thoughts through my head, like maybe its really just anxiety. I started ovulating which some months, between that and my menses, really messes with my body since my hormones are completely out of whack. Also thought maybe I'm going back into hyperthyroid since my ENT lowered my dosage. Not short of breath, pulse has been normal, do fine with exercise and going out in cold. Not putting it off any longer though. It's really true that people in the medical field make the worst patients.

Nervous, and scared, started getting depressed. None of us get breaks. Prayers or good vibes today please. I'll keep everyone updated.

-sarah

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Re: Back to the Dr I go.

Postby getwellsoon » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:06 pm

Sarah, Sending good vibes and prayers your way. I'm sure it isn't anything to worry about. I get chest tightness once in a while also and I need to get it checked also. I hate to go to the Dr. now so have been putting it off. Let us know what the Dr. says. Carol
CAROL

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:02 pm

Prayers going your way too. I know that I have had some of those symptoms when my thyroid is out of whack too. Best to get it checked. I can relate to the anxiety level. Hard to control.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:13 pm

Sarah,
Best of luck with your appointment. Do hate to go to doctors' but often necessary. I have an appointment today and one next week.

We should have a contest about number of doc. visits. The winner will get a big pair of plastic gloves and a face mask to wear during doc. visits.

Good luck. Thinking of you. Let us know.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:46 am

Sarah, how did your appointment go? We are all pulling for you.ii

saraht
Long Time Contributor

Postby saraht » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:55 pm

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't got to jump on today. Chest pain is better but there is still a weird feeling. My dr wasnt sure was is going on since my pulse and bp were only a little elevated, most likely from being nervous. But she said the heart sounded fine, no swelling in my legs and feet, no shortness of breath. The only thing they can think of is my thyroid.
I woke up today thought I was feeling better, went out shopping with a friend and started feeling weak, and out of it. I've been soooo tired the last couple days, extremely emotional and depressed today. No chance of pregnancy, just wanted to but that in there lol. So she ordered some blood work, and I have an appt for next friday to get an EKG, and I have to wear a halter monitor for 24 hours to check things out. I'm praying it's my thyroid which means its not postpartum hyperthyroid like my ENT thought, but I would gladly take that over a heart issue since heart disease runs in my family. My Uncle passed away very suddenly 3 years ago from CHF at 53, as did my grandfather and two of his brothers, all in their early 50s.

So tired of being sick. It's always something, right? I'll keep you guys posted on how things continue to go with the tests.
Prayers and good vibes please! Thanks everyone!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:22 am

I'll be praying. I have had issues like that in the past where I had to have all kinds of heart tests - even ones from nuclear medicine and it was my thyroid or so they think. Hang in there. When I get nervous or stressed, my thyroid issues always kick up, probably because it is an auto-immune disease for me. Good you are getting it checked out.

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Postby seekingcure » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:42 am

I understand your concern with having heart disease in the family. My father died instantly with a massive coronary when he was only 49 years old. In the summer of 2011, I was having chest pains and tachycardia and ended up undergoing a heart cath which, thankfully, was normal. It turned out to be a reaction to a blood pressure medication that I had recently been switched to. The doctors never suspected that could be the cause, but I took it upon myself to go off it and back on my old BP meds and the symptoms went away. I didn't really have any further symptoms until I had c-diff and then, once again, I had chest pains and tachycardia. I wore an event monitor for about two weeks and it showed some episodes of supra ventricular tachycardia. I could have gone on medication to control it, but since my heart itself is healthy and I don't have coronary artery disease, the cardiologist said I could tolerate my heart racing without it being life threatening in any way. It doesn't happen that frequently and I would rather not take another medication unless I just have to. I have less episodes since the c-diff is gone, in fact, rarely have issues now.

So, if you have started any new medications recently, question whether they could be the cause of your current symptoms. Just a thought.

Hope you feel better soon.
Bea

saraht
Long Time Contributor

Postby saraht » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:37 pm

I know it hasn't been 24 hours since I commented but it's the next day. I'm feeling terrible. Weak, and tired. Still have anxiety and a little depressed. Got blood work done today. But, I was sitting, making up my daughters birthday invitations, started feeling really hot and flush. Took my temp which is running around 99.8 - 100.2F. Low grade fever? I turned the heat down, still really hot.

I said to my husband, I think I need to go to the hospital, because I just don't feel well. Asked if he thought he could call off, he said no. So I have no baby sitter, and I'm not taking her to the yucky ER. So he got mad and started yelling about stuff. I just wish I knew what was causing all these symptoms. Anyone know if hyperthyroid can cause your body temperature to raise?

I know this may sound crazy but I worry about being septic with yeast since I have the yeast problems. I just don't know what else could cause all these problems. I just want some answers. Stomach's been gurgling all day, still having IBS. Anyone know of c.diff causing these kind of symptoms? No D, no running to the bathroom. Man I just want to feel better. It's terrible feeling so sick and having to take care of a toddler.
Praying for answers.

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Postby seekingcure » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:00 pm

Hi Sarah, I'm so sorry you are feeling so bad. I don't know if hyperthyroidism can cause elevated temperature, but I think it would stand to reason that it's possible since it does speed everything up in general. I have the opposite problem, hypo, so I don't really have any experience with being hyperthyroid.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. I hope you get some answers soon.
Bea

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:13 pm

Hey, Sarah,
Sorry you feel so rotten - especially when your daughter's birthday is close. Liz has thyroid problems and might be able to give you some advice. I don't think yeast infections can make you septic.

Did you do a test for C. diff.? If not, I'd do one. Altho. C. diff. usually is accompanied by diarrhea, it isn't always.

Ignore the yelling. If men can't "fix" things, they like to yell. Try to have a good time at your daughter's Bday party. You are a great mom.

You are a compassionate, helpful moderator and always have good advice for others. Now, take care of yourself. You've been suffering with C. diff. and other health issues for a long time.

ResearchGrandma
Regular Contributor

Postby ResearchGrandma » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:27 pm

I kept running low grade temps off and on during vanco tapers and between C. diff relapses. I actually think it was a reaction to probiotics. Now I can take a low dose probiotic without it happening. Not sure if this has anything to do with your current situation, but I thought I should mention it.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:44 am

My mom had IBS for many years prior to getting c diff and she used to run low grade temps too. I also read a pamphlet at the GI's office that Crohn's can do that, in fact, it is quite common. Some people get Crohn's after c diff. It may be the inflammation in your GI tract that is causing these fevers. I don't know if hyperthyroid can do it. I know low thyroid can make you have a low body temp,so maybe it can. I would get tested for c diff and also for other pathogens. If the tests are negative, I would still talk to a GI. There are some kinds of tests they can do to see if you have a lot of GI inflammation.

saraht
Long Time Contributor

Postby saraht » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:05 pm

Did some research and found being hyperthyroid can cause heat intolerance and cause your temp to rise. What I read said it's not unusual for someone with hyperthyroid to run hotter than normal because if heat. Now I'm just praying that's what's going on. Still feeling crappy, my pulse isn't high like it normally is when it comes to pushing over into hyper, so that's what makes me think it's not my thyroid. It would explain the IBS, anxiety, depression, tiredness, and funny feeling in my chest. I won't know the results from all the blood work till next week because our hospital only runs one thyroid function test and the rest has to be sent out to a different lab.

I just wish this yucky ill feeling would go away. I'll keep you guys updated when the blood work comes in next week. Thanks for the continued prayers. You all are truly a blessing.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”