Free shipping at Shoplet.com Clorox Bleach Wipes

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Free shipping at Shoplet.com Clorox Bleach Wipes

Postby seekingcure » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:39 am

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to order the bleach wipes. Shoplet.com has free shipping right now site-wide. Not sure how much longer it will be available. If you just want a canister or two, search for "Clorox Germicidal Bleach Wipes Canister." Without the word "canister" the search brings up a case of refill packs costing almost $70.00. The canisters of 150 small wipes are $13.05. I usually get mine within a couple of days after ordering.

I am in no way affiliated with either Clorox or Shoplet. I just find these wipes to be very handy and wanted to let everyone know about the free shipping.
Bea

pinkangel
Regular Contributor

Re: Free shipping at Shoplet.com Clorox Bleach Wipes

Postby pinkangel » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:17 pm

I ordered some more. I am almost done with the last 2 already. I cleaned the car with them ,full clean in the kitchen and in the bath we had a toilet overflow. ( worst nightmare with this) I just love these things. Dr Shepard told me that it is a good idea to clean your inside car surfaces too in case you have transferred any spores. I know with all the hospital and dr visits I feel better knowing it is cleaned.

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Postby seekingcure » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:41 pm

Ok, I'm going to admit to being paranoid here, but I carry the wipes with me in a zip-lock bag; and, when I come out of the doctor's office or hospital, I actually wipe the bottom of my shoes off with a wipe before I get in the car. I also use them on the steering wheel and carry them in the store to wipe the shopping cart handle. I told you I"m paranoid, but it gives me some peace of mind and it can't hurt.
Bea

saraht
Long Time Contributor

Postby saraht » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:42 pm

Thanks!! I need to get me some to take around with me. When I am wiping off the shopping car handles, all I can think about is the bacteria and spores that it DIDN'T kill.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:08 pm

Peace of mind if worth the price - especially when C. diff. is involved. I think I'll also send for some!

Wouldn't it be temping to reach out and use one to wash a nurse's or doctor's hands if you wondered if they washed after his/her last patient?? Even after years of this, I don't think I yet have the nerve.

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Postby seekingcure » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:27 am

I wouldn't have the nerve to do that either, Bobbie, but I do now refuse to shake hands with doctors who walk straight into the room, don't wash their hands and extend one to me. I simply can't bring myself to shake, regardless of how rude I might appear. I just try to laugh it off and tell them, "Forgive me, but having c-diff for so long has made me germophobic." (I would like to add, "and I don't know where your hands have been," but, of course, I don't.) I'm sure most of my doctors have a note in my chart by now that I'm nuts!

I also hate to see the nurse coming with the blood pressure cuff that has been used on everybody and I'm sure is never wiped off with anything. I typically wear a light-weight long sleeve top so that the cuff and stethoscope don't have to touch my bare skin. I also have a paper towel with me to open doors with and carry my own pen.

If I didn't think I would look totally crazy, I would just start wearing gloves to the doctor's office. What the heck, they probably know I"m a basket case anyway.
Bea

saraht
Long Time Contributor

Postby saraht » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:56 pm

Oh I hate that too! Every time I get my bp taken that's all I can think about! How many arms has this thing been on, and how many dirty hands have touched it. That's another thing that needs a swab to see what bacteria is being carried around.
I swear if I ever hit the lottery I would buy one of those fancy genexpert machines that provide rapid results in minutes with bacteria, and present the results to every hospital, public facility, or person. I think that showing results to people on a personal basis is what needs to be done to change hand washing habits, and cleaning habits.

When I gave birth the cleaning lady asked if she could come in and clean the room, then she proceeded to tell me how the hospital mandates the cleaning staff to tell everyone that their rooms where being sanitized. Sanitized, with regular cleaning products, and a mop and rag that is used in every room. No bleach. Yuck!

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”