sick again

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
saraht
Long Time Contributor

Re: sick again

Postby saraht » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:53 am

Liz, I'm so sorry to hear this!! It's always something, there is never any breaks. Like c.diff and the aftermath isn't enough.
I hope this goes away quickly, and you don't get the beast again! I'll pray for you!!!

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:09 am

Hang on Liz, your faith will get you through again. Take it one at a time, don't worry about relapsing right now, you have to take the ATX, you are on Vanco so hopefully you can clear this infection and come out the other side well and CDiff free. You are constantly in my prayers. Hoping today you feel better and the ATX starts to clear this infection. Carol
CAROL

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:12 pm

My husband says I sound better and I was able to get some sleep last night, so hopefully the ATX is working. My GI e-mailed me and said I only need to take one 250mg per day, but I had already taken one this morning when I read the e-mail. I will now wait until tomorrow to take more I guess. The ATX is only once a day, so I take that with dinner and will take vanco with breakfast. I'm already getting the familiar symptoms of vanco - nausea, gas, bloating. My stools had been better lately, but I guess that will now change. Will do the stool enemas as soon as I am done with treatment. I have to continue with the vanco for one week after at least.

Thank you all for your support.

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Postby seekingcure » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:51 pm

Glad the Levaquin is kicking in so quickly and you could sleep last night. Things are a little bit easier to deal with when you have at least had some sleep. Can you take gas x for the gas and bloating and Phenergan to help with the nausea? Those are two things I always have on hand and can't do without. Will continue to pray for you to get well.
Bea

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:34 pm

Liz, thinking of you. Maybe this will "do it." Prayers and good thoughts.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:04 pm

The Levaquin may be working (hopefully), but the vanco has already begun killing my stomach, as always. I haven't taken it for 4 years and am just so upset that I have to start all over again. My donor's tests won't even be ready for another week or so. I just can't face running to the toilet all the time when I get back to work. Vanco, for me, is just plain vile.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:21 pm

What about asking for Dificid - altho. it tears some stomachs up, too. Don't think you've ever taken it however.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:11 pm

I haven't met my deductible on my insurance and Dificid is very expensive. Plus, yes, it is harsh on the intestines. I need it as a prophylaxis, just to prevent c diff.

Do you guys think it would be better to take it together with the Levaquin at the same time or should I take it at a different time? My doctor didn't have an opinion one way or the other.

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Sometimes I've asked my pharmacist (the senior pharmacist, not one of the less experienced ones) about the timing of taking a medication. With their training, they would conceivably have a better take than the dr. on this kind of question.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:49 pm

Allis had a good idea. I'd call a pharmacist. Wouldn't take meds. together - maybe spaced a couple of hours apart. Ask.

Feel better.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:52 am

They say to just call the doctor. I am not sure what to do. I don't want to get c difficile back and levaquin is a high offender, but I wonder if one 250mg capsule is enough per day. I just don't want to spend big bucks right now to get 125mg and when I took those before, they did not help me. So, if I do get it, I need the 250mg. I haven't taken one tonight, but did with breakfast this morning and did with dinner last night. I guess I will just eat a big breakfast and take it then until I can check with the doctor. I wish my ears would unplug. Even if I didn't have a fever, I would not be able to work because I would not be able to hear my students. I can't hear myself typing this. I can't hear when I turn the pages of a book - everything is dull. Hope it is not permanent.

I am locking this now and will start a new post.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”