Oh, no

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Bobbie
Administrator

Oh, no

Postby Bobbie » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:04 pm

We had a terrific snow last week which kept us housebound for two days. The writers' seminar I was attending was canceled and rebooked for this week.

I woke up to see we are getting another huge snowstorm, and my husband prone on the couch coughing. Since I develop pneumonia easily (6 or 7 times since my first bout with C. diff in l993 ( have all immunizations including the pneumovax shot) I will probably "get" this.

I have every day next week booked with meetings, lunches, dinners - and the rescheduled writers' seminar.

Will this winter never end???

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Re: Oh, no

Postby seekingcure » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:27 pm

I feel your pain. I'm just getting over my URI and now my husband is coughing and congested. My luck, it's a different virus from what I had and I'll catch it. Seems like I get everything coming and going nowadays and it seems to last forever.

They're calling for sleet and ice Tuesday and Wednesday here and, in the South, that pretty much shuts everything down (and all the stores run out of bread and milk too, lol).

I sure hope you can avoid catching whatever your husband has, but in close quarters, it's difficult. Get out those wipes and spray. Maybe try some Airborne. The writers' seminar sounds like fun and something I would enjoy too. I hope you can at least make it to that.

This has seemed like an especially long winter, hasn't it? Come on spring!
Bea

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:05 pm

bobbie, Hang in there and don't think the worst. Lets be positive, YOu will not get sick, you will not get sick, you will not get sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If we can hang on a few more weeks I think the weather will finally turn. Hope so anyway. Carol
CAROL

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:35 pm

Tell him to sleep in a different room until he is over the worst of it.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”