Not again

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Bobbie
Administrator

Not again

Postby Bobbie » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:18 am

Had a uri a couple off months ago. Escaped without antibiotic. Sick again. And it's my Bday. Bad things usually happen on my Bday. Bah, humbug!

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Re: Not again

Postby getwellsoon » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:06 am

HB Bobbie, I sure hope the UTI goes away without ATX. Do your usual things to get rid of it. I will say a prayer for you. Carol
CAROL

chunderly
Regular Contributor

Postby chunderly » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:23 pm

So sorry! Winter viruses are so miserable. Do your saline rinses, drink plenty of fluids. I swear by mucinex! And I usually bulk up on zinc and vit c too. I hope you feel better!

Happy bday :)

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:25 pm

I know Dec 20 is a hard day, Bobbie. Your mom and your baby both died on this date, yes? Hang in there, the day is almost over.

Good luck in beating your latest bug. We are all cheering for you!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:35 am

I had an URI last month too and every time I get tired, it feels like I am getting it back and then it gets better again. Maybe it is one of those viruses that kind of lingers for a while. Try to get some rest.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:11 am

Hope you are feeling better today Bobbie, I should have said URI, not UTI, glad its not a UTI. The day is over, try to do something to take your mind off remembering, thats what I do. I know, easier said than done. Jan. 5th is my awful day. Hang in there, we are here for you. Carol
CAROL

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:47 pm

Went to doc. yesterday because of the upcoming holidays. I have underwear older than than the doctor was. He is the "bottom man on the totem pole - which is why I got in." He was so young, his face didn't have visible pores.

He said I didn't have congestion in my chest yet, but could "hear" an asthma rattle. I asked him about washing his hands. He said he did - yep, a quick rub with the alcohol wipe. I told him soap and water were better. He wasn't happy to be enlightened.

I asked him to check my oxygen level. He had a problem with the oxygen clip but said the level was normal.

The whole office staff was coughing and sneezing - including his nurse. I probably came out of there with more than I went in with.

I said this was the 2nd infection I'd had in 6 wks. (he thought It was a new one too.) and asked if he had any ideas about building the immune system. He said, "keep busy." When I told him all I do, he gulped and said, "Well, you do keep busy."

Bottom line: waste of time. Back to the Vicks, fluids, and inhaler. Now my husband is getting the crud.

My Bday was the 20th, my husband's is tomorrow, our anniversary was the llth, our younger son's Bday is Jan. 6. Gotta love the holidays. Ho, ho, wish they were over.

Thx. for the support. "You guys" are the best.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:10 pm

Merry Xmas to you and your family, Roy. Wish we were in the UK to see the kids. They woke up at 6:45 AM, and Ted sent us a video - he was so excited he was hyperventilating. We talked to them on Face Time. Not the same but better than nothing.

You are right, "man crud" is the worst!

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Postby seekingcure » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:35 pm

Bobbie, hope you are feeling better with the URI. I seem to keep getting one cold after another this year. So far, none of them have gotten as bad as the one I had when my husband had pneumonia. C-diff really does seem to do a number on the immune system.

Hope you and yours are having a restful and relaxing day!
Bea

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:19 am

Hope you are feeling better Bobbie. I also hope you had a good Christmas. I know you wish you could have been with the Grandkids but Facetime is better than nothing. Lets hope you kick this URI and feel better for the New Year. Carol
CAROL

cdiffmomagain
New User

Postby cdiffmomagain » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:22 pm

Bobbie, hope you are feeling better. I too came down with the crud on Christmas Eve. Bah Humbug indeed. Have you ever used/looked into Extract of Black Elderberry? I used a version made by Sambucal some years back with luck when I couldn't get over recurring URIs (even cracked a rib from coughing so much). As usual on here, I have no idea if it's safe to use with certain medications, etc. nor any knowledge of it's impact on C Diff, so talk to a medical professional about it (maybe one with visible pores, lol!)

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Postby seekingcure » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:41 pm

I do have a young friend who swears by elderberry tea. She had c-diff several years ago after delivering her baby. She buys the whole berries at a health food store and brews them into a tea. I've never tried it, but might have to. Thanks for mentioning that, cdiffmomagain. Hope you will feel better soon too. Maybe everyone can get some rest now that Christmas is over.
Bea

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:27 pm

Still sick - difficult to tell if I am "better" or not. Will go into a coughing spasm and then not cough for awhile.

Many experts think C. diff. affects the immune system. Right after I developed it the first time, I had a series of resp. infections and pneumonia. ( Several years, I was OK in the respiratory field - didn't even have a "cold" for over a year. Had pneumonia last year after our son's wedding. Since l993, and my first bout of C. diff., I've had pneumonia 6 or 7 times. (All immunizations up to date including pneumovax shot. (There are hundreds of pneumonia "bugs" however. and the shot is effective against 30 or so. This year, two URI's in the row. Made appointment to see reg. doc. (she is young but knows a lot about C. diff.) next Tues. God, I am tired of doctors!

Thanks for your concern and suggestions. Might try elderberry tea. Sick of chicken soup!!!

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”