Yes, I want to vent

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Yes, I want to vent

Postby beth22 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:00 am

I read some reports that say for PI-IBS, it can be 3 - 5 years, so even I am still hopeful for my case. I think everyone is different and it depends how severe your infection was, how much medication you took to treat it, number of relapses and your own body's composition. Baby steps is an understatement. I also find that I take 3 steps forward sometimes and then 4 backward. I feel better for a while, worse for a while; it's not predictable. Hang in there. Most people do get better by 2 years as Carol mentioned.

justme
Long Time Contributor

Re: Yes, I want to vent

Postby justme » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:15 pm

Thanks Wen: I remember when I was at your stage. I cried nearly every night during those early stages of recovery (I rarely cry) and my sweet husband hugged me and told me he loved me no matter what. Hopefully, your recovery will take less time than it has taken me. In my case, I think it is because I am 69 years old and have a heart issue (SCA 6 years ago and have 2 stents). From what I have read, the younger you are and the fewer other health issues you have will shorten your recovery period. Hang in there, it will get better. I guess I am just frustrated because I am naturally a high energy, active person and this puts such a damper on that. Take care.
Aloha,
Ani

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”