Boy, do I want to vent!!

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Bobbie
Administrator

Boy, do I want to vent!!

Postby Bobbie » Sat May 25, 2013 2:27 am

I just answered a post about from a woman who has a brother who is the main caregiver of their mother. I have one sibling. He did little for our father (except threaten to sue the hospital - only one in town - although he did come) - and next to nothing for our mother - except cause problems. He did come to see her when she broke her second hip (didn't come at all when she broke her hip in MT) and before she died but hadn't seen her for months. He comes to KC to get his legal experts - docs. won't testify against each other in the same city. He lives 3 hours away. He's threatened to sue me many times. The article did do one thing for me, however - I laughed so hard I cried. First time I'd laughed so hard in a long time. Read this and laugh and if you have a helpful brother or sister, be grateful.

Introducing Brother Dearest:

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130426/NEWS/704269913. Be sure and read the comments after the article.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Re: Boy, do I want to vent!!

Postby getwellsoon » Sat May 25, 2013 9:47 am

Hysterical Bobbie, so this is your brother. He threatens to sue you too Bobbie, that is so mean. I feel bad about that for you. Oh well, we can't pick our relatives. Carol
CAROL

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat May 25, 2013 11:57 am

We certainly can't pick our relatives - unfortunately. He is quite the "bon vivant" and a "real" wine expert so the picture of him running through the restaurant wielding a wine bottle is hysterical. "A picture is worth a thousand words."

JoElizabeth
Regular Contributor

Postby JoElizabeth » Thu May 30, 2013 2:30 am

Hi Bobbie and hello to all!

I still read here... 17 months c.diff free since Dificid. I think of you all a lot and to the newly diagnosed, don't give up hope..it's a rough road but it gets easier.

Bobbie...I laughed SO hard at this article about your brother. I am still laughing. It's hilarious! The comments too. hahaha! I suppose I find it so funny because I too have, how shall I say this? A very colorful family! Thanks for sharing...I needed that laugh more than you know.

"Sue me! Sue me!" Just too funny.

jo

JoElizabeth
Regular Contributor

Postby JoElizabeth » Thu May 30, 2013 2:36 am

...I should add that threatening to sue you, his own sister...well, THAT is not funny at all!

jo

gm37
Long Time Contributor

Postby gm37 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:26 am

Jo,
So good to see a post from you...and one where you are laughing!!
Anne

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu May 30, 2013 12:16 pm

Yes, he is a laughable (but rich and famous - just ask him). Don't know if he was charged or not but his past "shenanigans" have gotten him in trouble before. Sure "made my day."

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:37 pm

Oh for heaven's sake...makes the only child thing seem not so bad maybe. lol

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”