just need to get it out.

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
cfierro
Contributor

just need to get it out.

Postby cfierro » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:28 pm

I guess I just want to vent. Just got home from work. I'm tired of feeling uncertain about my body. I remember when my body just had this natural rhythm of how it would act all day. I would only go once in the morning and it would be fine. I would proceed with my day. I didn't have some days diarrhea some days constipation. I didn't have this uncomfortavle feeling in my stomach after a bowel movement. Or the left sde pain that comes and goes. I didn't have to remind myself to breathe when using the bathroom because I was so nervous or wake up with dread wondering if it was going to be a good day or bad day. Or a few good days that left me feeling hopeful and then out of nowhere everything changes and I feel scared and discouraged. I don't know my body anymore it seems and it is hard to accept. Anyway, thanks for reading. Carol

gm37
Long Time Contributor

Re: just need to get it out.

Postby gm37 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:43 pm

Carol,
I know just how you feel. I spent most of my time at church today thinking back over my time with c-diff. I wonder what my life would have been like if I had never gotten sick. What can I do now to try and get my life back. No one really understands unless they have been there.
You need to vent once in a while and this is a good place to do it. It gets better. You will get your strength back and your body will become more predictable.
The rotten memories of this illness seem to haunt us all. Don't let the c-diff cloud hanging over your head keep you from living your life. Hang n there.
Anne

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:00 pm

I know exactly how you feel because I feel the same way. The only thing that helps me is to realize that there are diseases way worse out there, which doesn't make me feel better physically, but it does make me grateful that I am still able to walk and lead a halfway normal life. I miss my old life a great deal, but I still have hope that I will continue to improve. Don't lose that hope and seek out answers to whatever problems c diff has left you with. Your body will adjust more eventually. It's hard to be patient though. Be pro-active with your doctors and if you don't agree with their answers, get another opinion.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:23 am

Yes, I too know how you feel I have the same problem. I was like you, go once in morning and never have to think about BM's til the next day. I guess we all take our health for granted. I too have IBS and BM's all over the place and feel good one day and terrible the next two. I'm trying to get it together. Its hard when the Drs. can't do anything for you and just say IBS and take Pepto etc. Anyway, we are here to comfort one another and that does help so much to know we aren't alone or crazy in this battle. They are discovering how prevalent CDiff really is now and also how many different symptoms you can have. Come here and vent anytime, we are here and we know how you feel, we live it every day. You can't know what you speak of until you have had this illness, it is just indescribable to someone who hasn't experienced it. Hope you have a good day today and hang in there. It does get a little better month by month. Carol
CAROL

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”