It never ends

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Nancy1
Administrator

Re: It never ends

Postby Nancy1 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:08 pm

Hurray for not malignant!!! That is wonderful news. I am so glad for you. Also, it is great to hear that your GI issues are a little better.

We had terrible winds here yesterday too. Maybe you have allergies? I don't usually, but it seems that the winds gave me sniffles and a sore throat, with so much pollen around at this time of year.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:46 pm

My son is in CA and he is complaining about a sore throat also. It is allergy season and the pollen is definitely out here in Va. So glad for the wonderful news Liz and hope you continue to feel better with the GI symptoms also. Carol
CAROL

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:12 pm

Thanks Nancy and Carol. I stayed home from work today - sore throat was worse and there is no way I could talk for 5 classes. Will rest my voice and avoid going out in the wind, which is still with us. Thank you for the prayers, Carol. I would be happier if the biopsy had come back benign, but am very happy it is not malignant. I assume there are many women who have atypical cells and not all of them turn into cancers. Good the doctor will be re-checking in a few months. Better safe than sorry.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:03 pm

Have had "abnormal" paps and mammo's several times - false alarms. At my age, I no longer have either as chemo. can cause C. diff. - had enough of it.

There are some "good things" about getting older. One of them is that docs. figure, "Well at her age, what the heck?"

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:30 pm

Roy - Did you not see the earlier post? I had a biopsy done - 3 samples in total. The cells are atypical - not malignant, but considered pre-cancerous. Can't just ignore them. I have been getting a yearly mammogram because I have had other conditions - cysts, etc, but nothing was ever done or recommended. These are different. Hopefully, they won't change and we can just leave them alone.

GGB
Contributor

Postby GGB » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:21 pm

Beth, so glad your biopsy was not malignant. Get some rest and take care of that irritated throat. Maybe gargling with some warm salt water would help. That is what I always do when I have sore throat. Take care..............

shopgirl5
Regular Contributor

Postby shopgirl5 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:25 pm

So glad your biopsy was good. At least they are aware of the atypicals and monitor you in the future. There is something to be said for early detection. I was praying for you! Last may my left breast had spontaneous bleeding, and the smear showed atypical cells. They were going to do a ductogram but it stopped, and the mammogram looked clear. So we watch, not a bad thing! I hope you can rest, and take care of yourself! Wendy

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:34 pm

So sorry Liz. I haven't heard from you in awhile and have been consumed in my own mess. I apologize.I wish you well my friend. Hang in there.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:38 am

Thanks, everyone. Took another day off from work and rested. Throat feels better and I plan to go back tomorrow.

Christina - which med did you take that helped you gain the weight? My GI just prescribed amatriptyline (Elavil) for me and said to take it before bedtime. I haven't done it yet. He said Xanax helps some people too taken at bedtime - not for the weight, but for the GI issues.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:57 am

Liz,
I take Xanax at bedtime or I'd never sleep. Two docs. prescribed amatriptyline at bedtime for me. Tried for wk. only. Already on enough meds.

shopgirl5
Regular Contributor

Postby shopgirl5 » Sun May 05, 2013 1:29 pm

Liz,
I started taking the Reuteri pro-biotic and the week I did I gained 3 pounds. It didn't cause to much upset either, and I think I have less epigastric pain too. Bobbie posted about it, and it seems to have a positive effect. I hope you are feeling better. You are a strong person and inspire me to stay positive.

(Or we can do what I was advised by my husbands friend yesterday, "Feed you a Cheeseburger". (Haha great right. Nice.)

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun May 05, 2013 6:00 pm

Thanks, Shopgirl5. I tried the reuteri a long time ago, but it did not agree with me. Many probiotics don't. People with SIBO have a tough time with them and I have that. But, I may get some and try a small amount. I take just a trace amount of VSL#3 as I can't eat yogurt, although I am going to try that again soon. I'm glad to hear you gained 3 lbs. That is good news. The reuteri has helped other posters to get their appetite back and to gain weight. I have a good appetite, but do have food intolerances still. Lately, I have tried adding more vegetables and have been fairly successful. I will try yogurt next and see what happens. I can tolerate some sprinkled cheese over pasta now, so that is good too.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue May 07, 2013 2:31 am

Some people can also tolerate goat cheese. Costco carries "real" goat cheese and it is yummy. ( I think so - others don't.) I put it in salads and on salmon when when I bake it. Many manufacturers try to pass feta cheese off as goat cheese so read the label.

Try a hamburger - non-greasy -- with goat cheese on it, shop girl.

Glad you are tolerating more foods, Liz.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”