Guess what I just got diagnosed with???

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
JenniferH
Regular Contributor

Guess what I just got diagnosed with???

Postby JenniferH » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:32 pm

Interstitial cystitis...damnit!!!! Supposedly it's linked somehow to IBS...

First CDiff, then PI IBS, then systemic yeast infection, then PTSD, and now Interstitial cystitis. Oh my gosh, enough is enough!!!

Of course I will not stop, until I find some natural remedies. UGH, this SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gm37
Long Time Contributor

Re: Guess what I just got diagnosed with???

Postby gm37 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:16 pm

I have had IC for years. It is a pain.
My urologist looks like he is 12 but he is wonderful ! He has done a surgical procedure to stretch my bladder twice. It helps relieve the pain. He and his nurse also give me "rescue treatments" when it flairs. They put a catheter in and insert some liquid that includes Lidacane and it really helps.
I have refused to take the Elmiron that is for IC. It makes your hair fall out !!!
Let me know if I can help.
Anne

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:43 am

Jennifer,
I have all of the issues you have. Could't believe it when diagnosed with PTDS - thought it was only for soldiers who had been in battle. No so. Also affects people with long periods of stress. The first time I had it was when my mom died on my birthday (Dec. 20) -same day I lost a premature child years earlier (had a miscarriage the same year). My cousin died two days before my mother, and we've had many family deaths at Xmas. 2nd time was this Xmas when I developed C. diff. for the 3rd time, was in a car accident, and broke my left wrist (not related to accident).

I also have IC. I take D. Manoose for it. Have found the cheapest place to get it is Amazon. You might give it a try. Believe it helps some; doesn't help others.

I know all this "stuff" is hard to handle. Take a day (sometimes an hour) at a time.

Best to you.

bback12
Regular Contributor

Postby bback12 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:04 pm

I'm so sorry to hear what all you're going through. You're not alone though as you can see. :)

I just had a kidney stone, and the pain from the surgery was much worse than when I had surgery to get my parathyroid out. It stinks!!

Hang in there, you'll get through this. " Keep your head towards the sun and you'll never see the darkness".

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:31 pm

Great quote, Brittany. Will try to remember it.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Hey Jennifer. Look up mast cell disorders. There is a great site/support group out there also. I take 240 mg of allegra a day, and my IBS and IC are gone, as is anxiety. My seasonal allergies, interestingly enough, are still with me. My doctor is in Oklahoma City and is a nationally recognized expert in mastocytosis and mast cell disorders. It takes 6 months to get in to see him as a new patient, but it's worth it.

Your entire constellation of symptoms could be fixed with antihistamines. Google mast cell disorders and sign up for that support site. The primary moderator and a few other frequent posters over there are great, with long, detailed descriptions of their symptoms and medications. Some take allegra and zantac, because they are both antihistamines but work on different receptors or pathways or whatever.

Mast cells are found in the bladder, GI tract, the brain, skin, etc. They serve an important protective function but in some cases just kind of go haywire and cause constant "irritability" in their tissues.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”