brutal fatigue

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
3charmer
New User

brutal fatigue

Postby 3charmer » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:57 pm

That's it. That's the vent.
Horrible fatigue. Day 8 of vanco, on 3rd reoccurrence in 12 years.
Just. So. Tired.
I think I developed a magnesium deficiency because I was getting a lot of twitching. Took mag glycine for a few days and that has improved a lot. Just this oppressive fatigue now. And brain fog.
Anyone else have fatigue even after poo went back to mostly normal?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: brutal fatigue

Postby beth22 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:46 am

I did. I thought it was from the vanco, but I don't really know. Any severe infection can do that to the body I guess. It finally went away. I have had it after other illnesses too.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:53 am

I continued to have severe fatigue while on a Vanco taper, ended up in the ED and had very low Potassium. It can be a side effect of Vanco.

Ask your MD to get electrolytes checked , that could be the issue.

Hope you feel better soon

NanciT

CorinneD
New User

Postby CorinneD » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:02 pm

It might be worth checking your vit. D levels. There's a correlation between CDI and low vit. D and feeling wiped out can be a symptom of deficiency. Also, the immune system cannot work properly without adequate levels of vit. D, so while ill with c.diff. it might be worth supplementing anyway.

notheidi
Regular Contributor

Postby notheidi » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:01 pm

Thanks for the advice, suggestions, & empathy! (3chamer here, posting under my original name on the board)

My vit D is normal. I will ask my doctor when I see him on Monday.

As an aside, I have included two or three 5 oz cups of Kefir every day since the D went away. I take them 2 hours after vanco. I really think the kefir has helped my recovery a lot. I saw this advice on the board and tried it!
2010 mod/sev w/leukocytosis, cefdenir-sinus inf, metro rx'd wrong, resurged during tx. recovered w/dose change, lost 40 lbs. 2015 mod recur fr SNF, no abx, resolved w/vanco. 7/2022 mod recur, community acq, no abx, intermittent prodrome but didn't realize

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:52 am

There was a study done years ago that showed fewer people relapsed who took Kefir along with vanco. It is posted here somewhere. I believe it was a European study.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:48 pm

I had Covid last August - a year ago. Am still tired but am older than dirt.

notheidi
Regular Contributor

Postby notheidi » Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:24 pm

Long covid. Covid is always a crap shoot no matter how old you are. I hope you feel better soon, Bobbie. Fatigue is very difficult to cope with.
My c diff fatigue is better now! I have been fortunate to have avoided covid thus far but I live like a monk in order to do it. :'(
2010 mod/sev w/leukocytosis, cefdenir-sinus inf, metro rx'd wrong, resurged during tx. recovered w/dose change, lost 40 lbs. 2015 mod recur fr SNF, no abx, resolved w/vanco. 7/2022 mod recur, community acq, no abx, intermittent prodrome but didn't realize

damct
Brand New Poster

Postby damct » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:55 am

Bobbie wrote:
> I had Covid last August - a year ago. Am still tired but am older than
> dirt.
Same here, on my second week of covid. Also got diagnosed with c diff the day before getting it. Been fighting for two weeks against these two issues. My first time with c diff. I almost never get tired during the day. But I'm 60 nd feel my immune system isn't what it once was.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”