Dentist

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
hledgess
Regular Contributor

Dentist

Postby hledgess » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:15 pm

Why is it that dentist always try to push abx on you when there’s not an infection? I apparently have a cavity and didn’t know it until I chipped my tooth eating .. I went to the dentist yesterday and I go today to have a root canal.. but before he knew how soon they could do it he said I’ll put in a referral for the root canal and write you a script for an abx .. Um wait excuse me?! I literally just tested last week NEGATIVE and have finally been doing ok agate tbat( go fogure) I wouldn’t have tested if things were like they were after testing .. but anyway .. it’s in my chart of my history w c diff and the fact That I’m allergic to most .. it’s frustrating.. glad it’s taken care of today .. but I see way too many ppl on this site getting c diff bc of a just in case dentist

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Dentist

Postby beth22 » Fri May 01, 2020 2:10 am

Not all dentists prescribe antibiotics for root canals. If there is a severe infection, that is different. My husband's dentist was able to just clean out the area and gave him peridex to rinse his mouth with.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri May 01, 2020 12:10 pm

In my country antibiotics are NEVER prescribed for a cavity /root canal. If your dentist prescribed antibiotics , you can also choose if your going to take them or not. I would not take any , if i were you. I would however use a mouthwash with clorhexidine.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri May 08, 2020 12:59 pm

Agree - no antibiotics. Had several root canal a without them and no problem.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”