Loosing my mind

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Lid49
Regular Contributor

Loosing my mind

Postby Lid49 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:41 am

I'm 10 weeks post FMT, fwe days ago I have one time D, it stop, not testing yet my Dr told me if only one time we do not test,
MY husband starting to have D few days ago. He had a sinusitis and otitis and he got antibiotic Augumentin. In November he was on clindamycin for a toot infection, I talk to the dentist at the time to avoid that antibiotic but he told me no he had to prescribed because was a complicated infection. His D is 3 times a day with cramps, I'd Dr order a stool test. I feel guilty it is from me or from his antibiotics if he will test positive?
I have a dificuld time understanding and deeling with this situation, he is a wanderfull husband and he take care of me , he is my best friend my only family hear. Help. How bad is tu bad? Not to mention the burden off material situation. He is the main financial care.
Thank you. I will update you with the result of his stool sample.

roy
Administrator

Re: Loosing my mind

Postby roy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:52 pm

Has the antibiotic now been stopped?
Even if his test is positive the first "treatment" is to stop the offending antibiotic and see if the D resolves, very often that is all that is needed.
A positive test should not mean automatic treatment.

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:20 pm

Yes the antibiotic was stoped on Monday. He's D started Wednesday.

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:30 am

Hi, what is important is that he has done a test, so you will know results soon. Remember, only one in five people is not cured with a first medication treatment for C Diff. We are all in that unlucky club, but even if your husband were to test positive it does not mean he would go through what you have been through.
Also you are nine weeks from your FMT. Chances it will recur with you at this point are very low.
If you two share a bathroom, make sure you are following suggested cleaning precautions with 10% bleach. Also, Walmart has boxes of vinyl gloves for $7 for 100.

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:17 am

Thank you I do follow the cleaning procedure. Hopfuly he will be ok. Will update.
Lidia.

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:46 pm

My husband is positive cdiff, with all sign and symptoms.
Wath to do?
I'm so screed, so I'm past 10 weeks second Fmt. We there the odds to have it again,
I fell so bad, lost.
Lidia

amg
Regular Contributor

Postby amg » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:06 pm

So sorry you're going through this. But now is the time to support him like he supported you. Practice good hygiene, don't share bathrooms if possible, use bleach as suggested above, and hopefully don't let him be given Flagyl. Stay strong and positive. Chances are he will beat this more easily than you did, and now that you've had the FMT, you have more natural defenses against contracting it again.

Sending prayers and good thoughts that you both are free of this worry very soon.

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:14 pm

Maybe stress, today I was 3 time M but not D
But hopefully I will make it I need to be there for him.
Lidia

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:01 am

Agree with the others, Think positive - altho I know how difficult it is.

Through hand washing on both your parts is your best protection.

C diff can,indeed, make you feel as though you are losing your mind. It is one crazy disease - but a "beatable" one.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:20 am

Has your husband started any treatment for Cdiff? If he's having D along with the positive test his treatment shouldn't be delayed. Have him take a probiotic like Florastor and keep him on a bland diet and let's hope that his going to be in the lucky majority that will get cured from the first round of meds.

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:24 am

Starting antibiotic for 2 days D less but still 2 times a day. We have separat bathroom and we are keeping good hygiene.
I need to believe that he will be on the 80% with only one or tow round of medication to recover.
Thank you. Lidia.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”