What I ate today (join the fun)

Designed to keep your chin up! Smiling is not painful and can help heal...
Suezer
Long Time Contributor

What I ate today (join the fun)

Postby Suezer » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:10 am

Tell us what you ate today and then tell us what you would like to eat!

What I ate today
Category: Life

9:30 a.m- Plain Unsweetened oatmeal, mixed with applesauce
10:00 am- Antibiotic Pill
11:00 am- Probiotic Pill (happy yeast bacteria..yum)
12:00 p.m-Turkey sandwich plain, on white bread
1:00 p.m.- 1 probiotic pill (Culturelle)
2:00 p.m- Rice crispies cereal with fat free lactose free milk
5:00 p.m- 2 arrow root cookies
5:30 p.m.- Antibiotic Pill
6:00 p.m.- Boston creme pie flavored yogurt (not bad)
8:00 p.m.- Plain unsweetened oatmeal with yogurt mixed in it.
8:30 p.m.- Probiotic pill (friendly yeast bacteria..eew)
What I will eat later:
11:00 p.m- 4 mini pancakes with applesauce on them
12:00 a.m.-Kefir (yogurt smoothie)
1:30 a.m.- Plain oatmeal
2:00 a.m.- Antibiotic pill.(gag)
2:30 a.m.- Sleep.

This has been my life for nearly 27 days.
I want a flipping cheeseburger! =)
Hoping for a cure.

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:40 am

Tell us what you ate today and then tell us what you would like to eat!

What I ate today

2 probiotics with a yogurt smoothie
bowl of Banana Nut Crunch cereal with rice milk and banana
1 slice of high fiber bread with peanut butter
Green beans, escalloped potatoes, corn, macaroni salad, peach cobbler
hot chocolate with whole milk and lots of whipped cream
1 activia blueberry yogurt

I usually eat more than this with larger variety of foods, but today was Mom's birthday, and was so excited to be with family that I spent most of the day just talking.

What I'd like to eat:
raw vegetables...I miss you so much :-(

It's been almost a year since I've eaten a raw veggie...wait, I tried raw tomato on a sandwich earlier in the year that set me back about a month

JohnB
Contributor

Postby JohnB » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:28 am

Haha, great idea. :) What I ate yesterday:

Breakfast
- For real: a hardboiled egg, and a handful of probiotics
- Imaginary: 3 slices of French toast dripping with maple syrup, a western omelet, and a plate full of bacon dripping with grease

Lunch
- For real: A bowl of rice, and a handful of probiotics
- Imaginary: Half a pizza and a glass of Coke

Dinner
- For real: A plate of plain grilled chicken, and a handful of probiotics
- Imaginary: A 1/2 lb Bison burger cooked *just* right, with cheddar and american cheese, and french fries on the side, along with two pints of Guinness

This thread made me hungry...

Suezer
Long Time Contributor

Postby Suezer » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:40 am

JohnB wrote:- Imaginary: A 1/2 lb Bison burger cooked *just* right, with cheddar and american cheese, and french fries on the side, along with two pints of Guinness

This thread made me hungry...

Thanks-that made me hungry! And its only 9:30 a.m. !
I am(was) a brandy/diet coke drinker myself, I miss my evening cocktail(s) and I think the only organ that is thanking me right now could be my liver. ha ha!

@ Roy- I didn't look at your name on your post until after I finished reading it, as I am barely awake-I was a bit horrified at first , you are a lil' devil! Thanks for making me laugh. =)
Hoping for a cure.

feelinghopeful
Regular Contributor

Postby feelinghopeful » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:09 pm

I thought it read "neat freshly squeesed fruit juice FROM a whole bottle of wine"! I was picturing you wringing out the bottle to drain out the last bit of juice. Ha! I'm going to have to use that, someday.

Well, I actually hate you all. My horrible dentist filled a tooth that did not have a cavity (long but true story) and he hit a nerve. I've been eating on one side of my mouth for three months, in denial, and today my jaw gave out. From eating on one side my jaw won't sit right now, clicks and hurts. Unbelievable. So, while everyone after the wake I attended was eating fat, salt, sugar and grease (YUM! the four main food groups) I ate a bowl of split pea soup with a coke.

Great idea, btw!

What I would have had:

Salmon and cream cheese with the works on a chewy bagel and a coke.

feelinghopeful
Regular Contributor

Food Is Good

Postby feelinghopeful » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:02 pm

Hey Suezer, I thought this was a great, playful idea. Everybody knows "I hate you all" was a joke, right? As was the possibly not that funny to anyone else and highly exaggeraged and intentionally redundant "four food groups" comment? Anyway, even a piece of boiled chicken sounds good when you can't chew is all I meant. I was really looking forward to seeing what people like to eat :(

Well, it's my birthday so I'll humor myself here for a bit while the beau gets his arse in gear. Love thinking about food so...

I, for one, build each meal around a starch and vege whenever possible. My favorite meats are lamb, goat, fish and fowl. My favorite soda is coke or pepsi. My favorite veges are avocado, beans, salad greens... very few veges I don't like come to think of it. My favorite sweet is the sugar in my coffee - very few sweets I do like come to think of it but I do like shortbread style cookies and ginger cookies when the craving strikes. My favorite snacks: CHEESE with fresh French bread (I love cheese) or peanut butter on an apple. My favorite meals out are sushi, East Indian and fresh, salty Micky D's french fries. Love Italian food, too (grew up on it), but home made. My favorite boos: red wine or beer. I love fresh herbs. Love lemon on my salad instead of vinegar though I love vinegar, too. Lemon has become a bit of a problem as Bobbie surely understands. Big culinary disappointment. I love a bit of mint in my salad, too. For novelty I enjoy some off the beaten path stuff (though I can rarely justify the expense) like well done on the outside foie gras with some kind of spicey compote on the side. I also love caviar on buttered toast with chopped egg and onion. Well hey, I also would love a massage twice a week but who can afford it. I love offal meats. Most people I know think that's gross and disgusting but we like what we like. I guess I like gamey things. As if my prior post wasn't a thread killer.... ha! I'm sure this'll be sitting here for all eternity but I felt like writing it. Food can make life worth living, even with active C-Diff I looked forward to the rice and chicken with different dressings for change. Oh! I love sour cream and I love whole milk yogurt... food is good stuff. My three favorite ice cream flavors are green tea, chocolate and coconut but I rarely eat it for some reason.

Have a beautiful day, all.

Suezer
Long Time Contributor

Postby Suezer » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:53 pm

Happy Birthday feelinghopeful! I hope you have an excellent day!! =)

Went to breakfast for the first time with family this morning,had scambled eggs and plain pancakes.
Would have loved an omelet,bacon..hash browns,OJ.

I love sour cream and many of the foods you mentioned as well!
Yesterday was my last pill (2nd round) of Flagyl. Hoping to be adding more good foods in the near future!
Hoping for a cure.

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:20 pm

This WAS a great idea, Sue, and I'm SO happy to hear you had pancakes! I eat them now, too, but they kind of bloat me. They're worth it, though!

Good to see you're testing the foods again :-)

Hope you're still doing OK and thinking of you...Karen

Suezer
Long Time Contributor

Postby Suezer » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:17 pm

I am on Day 5 of Vanco, I feel actually wonderful. I worked today,for 6 hours which is a first since January 20th.

I came home and made a cheese pizza and I ate a whole piece. I chased it with some Kefir. So far I am fine.

Maybe I will pay for it, but I am tired of being a victim to this beast,and after a shift of work, oatmeal and apple sauce sounded more nauseating than pizza!
Going to see my ID Doc tomorow.

Hope all are having a good night! =)

//Sue.
Hoping for a cure.

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:48 pm

Good for you Sue! Dont let Cdiff run your life, if you are feeling good and want to eat pizza and pancakes go for it!
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

Suezer
Long Time Contributor

Postby Suezer » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:52 pm

roy wrote:5 hours ahead so just one more LARGE brandy to wash down the pickled onions and I am going to bed!

Roy

That is so not fair, I LOVE Brandy!! I even love Onions , Bah!
Hoping for a cure.

Suezer
Long Time Contributor

Postby Suezer » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:48 pm

What I ate (yesterday)

Breakfast:
Plain oatmeal with apple sauce and kefir mixed in it.
Scrambled eggs with cheese,sausage links,hashbrowns and toast
V8 Frusion with a tsp. of Apple cider vinegar added to it

Mid day snack:
5 oz. Kefir
1 yoplait Probiotic yogurt
2 cups of Green tea
Plain Oatmeal

Dinner:
Cheeseburger and fries
Chicken and dumpling soup
Cup of green tea

After dinner:
(Attention Roy)*
1 lightly poured BRANDY and coke. =)

Mid evening:
Plain oatmeal
4 oz. Kefir

Current stomach/colon conditions- Quiet,pain free
7th day of tapering @ 1 Vanco 250mg per day.

I have not added raw vegetables yet.I would really kill for a salad.
Hoping for a cure.

pwood62
Regular Contributor

Postby pwood62 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:09 pm

Breakfast:
Oatmeal
I baked cinnamon rolls and ate 3 with DH. I know, I know, I don't care I am freakin hungry and losing too much weight.
Culterelle and Antibiotic
Nice orangey glass of some gritty Questriean to wash it all down with.

Return to “Humor”