Myth?

Designed to keep your chin up! Smiling is not painful and can help heal...

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:39 pm

As most of you know I've been suffering with this since September 2003. <BR> <BR>Thursday there was an announcement on our local news that there was plenty of the flu shot available to persons over 50, etc. (I'm 52) So, my husband and I went to the local minor emergency clinic to get a flu shot. (Better late than never we thought). As we were leaving we spoke with the nurse on duty and I told her since I had a lowered immunity because I had had c-diff for so long I needed to get the shot for "peace of mind". She asked us about my condition and I told her about everything I had been through and she says "I"ve heard stories about people with c-diff who can't get over it, but I've always been told and thought it was a myth." <BR>We are considered a "myth" in the medical community! <BR>My husband and I couldn't stop laughing about it....but it is sad, too. <BR> <BR>Beverly

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:53 pm

Beverly - Because the medical community doesn't take this seriously. We are getting some newspaper coverage in Chicago. The quote from the paper today was "These bacteria seem more difficult to treat and they're causing much more serious infections. I feel so sorry for these poor people. Some have recurrenaces after a year. It's really been horrendous." This coming from a quoted physician. He indicates that he is seeing a case a week and the number of cases is escalating during the last six months. <BR> <BR>I've been diagnosed with C Diff for a year, but know I've had it since June 2003. <BR> <BR>"Myth" in the medical community - More like a "Nightmare".

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:01 pm

Debby & Bevely, <BR>Myth, my a . .! Too bad they can't experince "the myth" for a while.

Return to “Humor”