C. diff. Phobia

Designed to keep your chin up! Smiling is not painful and can help heal...

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:40 am

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">Allison wrote this today, and I found it hilarious and oh, so true. Thanks, Allison.</FONT> <BR> <BR>By Allison (64.12.112.151 - 64.12.112.151) on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 11:23 am: <BR> <BR>I was 42 when diagnosed with cdiff. Now I'm 45 with no cdiff but a new diagnosis of extreme paranoia of antibiotics - it's called cepholosporinphobia, which is generally believed to be a precursor to the more general "fear of infection" phobia. (Forget the name) <BR> <BR>This particular phobia manifests itself in several ways. Symptoms include: <BR> <BR>* Excessive handwashing; not just of one's own hands, but of every single hand seen on a daily basis. <BR>* Carrying dozens of pens in your purse to make sure you're never without one and thus might be forced to use a store or bank pen for signing receipts, etc. <BR>* Refusing to pick up and/or read magazines in the doctors office. <BR>* Excessive coupon collecting for household disinfectants. <BR>* Immediately ordering out of your home any and all sniffling children - including your own. <BR>* Sudden ability to hear a barely perceptible cough or sneeze when in a large crowd of people. <BR>* Bouts of nausea and facial tics when looking at prescription bottles (empty or full) of any drug ending in the suffix's "cin, ex, or in". <BR>* Carrying a collapsible soapbox at all times to help spread the word about antibiotics. <BR>* Visiting the cdiff support sight on a daily/weekly basis. (Hey, not ALL symptoms are bad!) <BR> <BR>I'm not yet at the stage where I'm wearing gloves and a mask in public, but I've been tempted.

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:45 pm

Bobbie, <BR>I think I have many of these too. If someone is coughing I head the other direction!

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:41 pm

Allison, thanks so much for this hysterical posting!

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:12 pm

Here is another cutie....I was out at Target with my little grandson (age 4) and he had to go to the potty. Instantly I whipped out my purell handwipes to wipe off the toilet as that was all that I had available. He asked me "Grana what are you doing" and I explained to him that I was wiping off germs from the toilet seat. He then asked me what is germs and I told him it was bugs that can make people sick.....WELL- he refused to go to potty and went out and told his mother that there was bugs on Targets potty and he needed to go home FAST! We all had a good laugh while we were hurrying home! Finally we explained it to him the best way a 4 year old can understand and he now wants to know if he can have some of my wipes for when he needs to go!.....Training them young gals! Ha!

Return to “Humor”