Humor Unrelated to the Subject at Hand

Designed to keep your chin up! Smiling is not painful and can help heal...
administrator
Administrator

Postby administrator » Wed Aug 15, 2001 7:23 pm

Sue <BR>User ID: 2421434 Aug 6th 9:25 PM <BR>Bobbie- Thanks for asking about Patrice, she is doing pretty good. We go to the doctor tomorrow for her weekly appointment. As of last week she had gained a few lbs, up to 82 now but still on the IV nutrition. Found out that her eye culture came back positive for a adnoid viris (sp?)so she has steroid ointment for her eyes so we see the eye dr tomorrow too. I think its gone now, her eyes were bright red for almost a month before the culture grew and now they look so good. <BR>Lauren- We are doing the pulse dosing that was posted with a few changes. I made a mistake when writing she was not off for 4 days only 2. Her dr wants her off the vanco before school starts so we shortened it a little, hope its not going to be a problem.Right now she is on 3 and off 2.Has not had any problems so far.We take a stool sample in every week to be tested. She is still taking the culturelle once a day, lactinex 4x a day and the bakers yeast 2x a day. She has even started eating the yo baby yogurt every few days. She has not been eating very much in the last week but I think it's the heat and humidity. Now in the last couple of days it seems to be a little better. She is going to the state fair this week to see the quilt she entered and won 1st place and won the crazy quilters award too. Patrice was so excited when she found out she won and its the first quilt she has made. Thanks for listening. <BR>Sue <BR> <BR>Lauren <BR>User ID: 8450833 Aug 7th 7:26 AM <BR>I'm so happy that you guys are hanging in there and doing pretty well! I do hope the pulsing works for her. It's also good to know that she's well enough to go to school, and what a neat thing about her quilt! <BR> <BR>Please continue to keep us posted. We worry a lot about everybody, but most especially about the kids.

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 16, 2002 10:19 pm

Ok guys - my ex-boss (retired at 55) sent me this one, and it has nothing to do with c-diff or doctors whatsoever. But it is cute, so I figure I'll pass it on: <BR> <BR>EXCERPTS FROM A CAT'S DIARY <BR> <BR>DAY 752 - My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from ruining the occasional piece of furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another houseplant. <BR> <BR>DAY 761 - Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded, must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair...must try this on their bed. <BR> <BR>DAY 765 - Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, in attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was...Hmmm. Not working according to plan. <BR> <BR>DAY 768 - I am finally aware of how sadistic they are. For no good reason I was chosen for the water torture. This time however it included a burning foamy chemical called "shampoo." What sick minds could invent such a liquid. My only consolation is the piece of thumb still stuck between my teeth. <BR> <BR>DAY 771 - There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the foul odor of the glass tubes they call "beer". More importantly I overheard that my confinement was due to MY power of "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage. <BR> <BR>DAY 774 - I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The bird on the other hand has got to be an informant, and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room his safety is assured. But I can wait, it is only a matter of time. <BR> <BR>EXCERPTS FROM A DOG'S DIARY <BR> <BR>Day number 180 <BR>8:00 am - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE! <BR>9:30 am - OH BOY! A CAR RIDE! MY FAVORITE! <BR>9:40 am - OH BOY! A WALK! MY FAVORITE! <BR>10:30 am - OH BOY! A CAR RIDE! MY FAVORITE! <BR>11:30 am - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE! <BR>12:00 noon - OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE! <BR>1:00 pm - OH BOY! THE YARD! MY FAVORITE! <BR>4:00 pm - OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE! <BR>5:00 PM - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE! <BR>5:30 PM - OH BOY! MOM! MY FAVORITE! <BR> <BR>Day number 181 <BR>8:00 am - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE! <BR>9:30 am - OH BOY! A CAR RIDE! MY FAVORITE! <BR>9:40 am - OH BOY! A WALK! MY FAVORITE! <BR>10:30 am - OH BOY! A CAR RIDE! MY FAVORITE! <BR>11:30 am - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE! <BR>12:00 noon - OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE! <BR>1:00 pm - OH BOY! THE YARD! MY FAVORITE! <BR>4:00 pm - OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE! <BR>5:00 PM - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE! <BR> <BR>Incidentally, I have a cat who I believe harbors no such suspicions. She does finally go out because she absolutely insists, but seems only to really enjoy it when there are people outside to play with. And she returns on her own (most of the time) although I do capture her, if necessary, at night. <BR><BR>[Guest Posted by: 'Lauren']

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 17, 2002 11:20 pm

Lauren, <BR> <BR>If the cat in your humor thinks he has it bad, he should live in our town. What I am about to post is absolutely true!. There is a cat-leash law in our neighborhood. A cat is not allowed outside of his house unless he has a leash on and being walked by its owner. I swear to God this is true! <BR>If a cat is caught without his leash, the owner is charged a huge fine. <BR><BR>[Guest Posted by: 'Jennie']

Return to “Humor”