A quote from Groucho Marx

Designed to keep your chin up! Smiling is not painful and can help heal...
administrator
Administrator

Postby administrator » Wed Aug 15, 2001 7:19 pm

sue <BR>User ID: 2421434 Jul 24th 10:14 PM <BR>Last week my daughter was put back on the IV nutrition because of more weight loss and diareha from the scandi shakes/boost. She has now gained 5 lbs and chunky stools. Her Doctor told her she could do the pulse dosing and she is scared the CD will come back in the next 4 days being off the vanco, has anyone had this happen? <BR>Bobbie <BR>User ID: 0847534 Jul 25th 0:55 AM <BR>Sue, <BR>Sorry your daughter had a downslide, but I'm glad she gained some weight. I don't know what to tell you about the time scale for CD to come back because everyone reacts to the disease so differently. From what I have read, and from my own and my son's experiences, it can resurface anywhere from several days to several months later. Several people on this site have posted that it reoccurred a lot later than that, but I think you could feel reassured if she is better for two months. That is what is so hard -- the constant waiting and wondering if the CD is finally gone. <BR> <BR>Lauren had great success with the pulse dosing, and she gives a "recipe" for it on this site. I'm sure she'll long on and tell you her experiences. <BR> <BR>Just remember the "three-day rule." Don't panic unless there are three bad days in a row or unless symptoms become much, much worse suddenly. Once you have CD, sometimes it takes a long, long time to become normal. Once in a while, a long-time sufferer has problems forever after and develops IBS which isn't great but a lot better than CD. <BR> <BR>Good luck, and keep us posted. I hope you have a good support system to help you through this. Sounds as though your daughter (and I'm sure you along with her) has suffered through a lot of health problems. <BR>Lauren <BR>User ID: 8771373 Jul 30th 8:26 AM <BR>Where is your daughter in the "pulsing" in terms of dosages? I'm a little worried that you say "being off for four days" - I'm not sure she should be off that many days so soon. For me, pulsing started with skipping one day a week, then two, then three, etc. - i.e. very, very carefully.

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 09, 2002 4:46 pm

" A hospital bed is a parked taxi with the meter running." <BR> <BR><FONT COLOR="0000ff">Contributed by Jennie</FONT>

Return to “Humor”