English English vs. American English Part III

Designed to keep your chin up! Smiling is not painful and can help heal...
Lauren
Administrator

English English vs. American English Part III

Postby Lauren » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:11 pm

You're all captured by the thread police! My official limit is 22 posts, so you've exceeded that on this one twice. Let's start here again with Roy's challenge on the last:

OK
Lets make this the longest thread in C.diff history!
English insults v American insults
keep them mild though! and also we want their true meaning!
You can start!

barberry
Brand New Poster

Postby barberry » Thu May 15, 2008 1:13 pm

Yo Roy My Man!

Looks like you need some help with the colonials, never one to let a fellow oik down when help is needed, so here to help. I have a feeling that they just don't understand you, my guess is that they might just have seen an episode of Eastenders and not realised that isn't what the east end is all about!

Try explaining to them that to call yourself and east ender that you have to have a sideways sense of humour, crass example but the WWII spirit does in some ways epitomise it, the Germans demolish your house and what do you do first {after checking for family,cat dog, etc] - you dig in the rubble for the kettle and an undamaged teacup then you wonder if the gas main is damaged [after you light the match of course].

Would agree that the main use for baseball bats in the UK has to be as a weapon, usually in a late night supermarket/taxi office/transport company.

Roy you also show a limited knowledge of rounders, regulation school knickers were also bottle green or dark brown depending what colour the school uniform was.

Also maybe the American cousins should know something about you:

Please forgive the man, he can't help himself, a man of simple working class tastes, worst of all a West Ham fan - Up the Hammers indeed.

I think that there might be a photo of Roy in the photos on the UK web site, if he is the bloke I think he is then he does look the type to sing the footy song - i'm forever blowing bubbles etc - does anyone actually know the rest of the song?

Return to “Humor”