Doctor humor for middle aged and older women [and maybe Roy]

Designed to keep your chin up! Smiling is not painful and can help heal...
notheidi
Regular Contributor

Doctor humor for middle aged and older women [and maybe Roy]

Postby notheidi » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:28 am

So when I went to the doctor today, the young medical assistant asked me when my last period was. I told her it was in November. In surprise, she immediately looked up at me from her clipboard, and then looked again and asked no more follow up questions.

In any case, I went home and tried to look in the mirror as if I was someone who didn't know me. I came to the conclusion that I don't look so young anymore.

[Couldn't resist, Roy. It's your great sense of humor! Hope I got ya!]
2010 mod/sev w/leukocytosis, cefdenir-sinus inf, metro rx'd wrong, resurged during tx. recovered w/dose change, lost 40 lbs. 2015 mod recur fr SNF, no abx, resolved w/vanco. 7/2022 mod recur, community acq, no abx, intermittent prodrome but didn't realize

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Doctor humor for middle aged and older women [and maybe

Postby Bobbie » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:39 pm

Love it! Might as well laugh as cry. I have all my info on computer and "roll it around" for each doc I see so I do not have to fill our their forms at the appointment.

There is usually a form with personal questions about drinking, smoking, pregnancies, etc. I always list my age - 75. - with the comment, "what do you think?" re the pregnancy question.

For years my younger son always answered "yes" to the pregnancy question. No one noticed until he had to see an anesthesiologist prior to surgery, and I was him.

Makes you wonder how carefully the doc or someone reds this forms.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:34 pm

Men O'pause
The time in life us men who have Celtic blood have to stop for a while so our ladies can become human again!

You should have told that assistant that you stopped having periods because you needed the extra haemoglobin for your varicouse veins:-)

Got ya back!

notheidi
Regular Contributor

Postby notheidi » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:43 pm

Bobbie, that's hilarious about the 'what do u think' and your son! Don't get me started on the nobody-has-time-to-talk-to-you or-read-your-chart-anymore rant--this is the humor forum! ;-)

Roy, now vericose veins...not yet. Spider veins, yes!

I had got to 10 months last year! My doctor told me she had patients who got to 12 and then had to start counting all over. I said, 'no way, not me, I know I'm done,' but sure nuff, she was right.

Humor forum or TMI, this is dual eligible!
2010 mod/sev w/leukocytosis, cefdenir-sinus inf, metro rx'd wrong, resurged during tx. recovered w/dose change, lost 40 lbs. 2015 mod recur fr SNF, no abx, resolved w/vanco. 7/2022 mod recur, community acq, no abx, intermittent prodrome but didn't realize

Return to “Humor”