Beware of the sugarless gummies.

Designed to keep your chin up! Smiling is not painful and can help heal...
saraht
Long Time Contributor

Beware of the sugarless gummies.

Postby saraht » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:00 am

I have seen this posted several times on facebook. Apparently these sugarless gummies that are sold on Amazon, are causing some very disturbing GI upsets in people. The reviews make me giggle.

http://slightlyviral.com/beware-sugarle ... mazon-com/

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Re: Beware of the sugarless gummies.

Postby seekingcure » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:07 am

Up half the night----IBS acting up like crazy. Got bored, so checked the site. Have been laughing out loud for five minutes. These reviews are hilarious. I learned long ago that I can't eat sugarless candy and it only took a few pieces to do me in! Thanks for the laugh, Sarah; I needed it!
Bea

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:23 am

Seeking, you are so right, this was hilarious. One time years ago I ate some sugar free cookies and I experienced the terrible gas but was lucky and didn't get the D. I laughed a lot, feels good. Carol
CAROL

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:09 pm

ROFLMAO. I laughed til I cried.

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:17 pm

The gummies (per Google search) contain lycasin, "a maltitol syrup with properties of taste and sweetness ideal for the preparation of sugar-free syrups, lozenges or jellies, according to manufacturer Roquette.com." D is a widely reported side effect. Watch out for similar ingredients in other products, and also for sorbitol, found in most sugarless gum.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:35 pm

Funny - lst time I've laughed in days. Thanks, sarah.

pinkangel
Regular Contributor

Postby pinkangel » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:58 pm

Love it so hilarious!! .. I was at work many years ago and bought some sugar free turtles chocolate thinking less sugar is better. I was like wow these are great and almost ate a whole bag at once. About and hr late oh my I was in the bathroom almost the rest of the day at work. Never again and now warn people do not eat sugarless unless you have a free day to be in the bathroom. If you need a laxative this more than does the job.

Return to “Humor”