Let Them Give Birth! (Apologies for "man bashing.")

Designed to keep your chin up! Smiling is not painful and can help heal...
Bobbie
Administrator

Let Them Give Birth! (Apologies for "man bashing.")

Postby Bobbie » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:56 am

Today is our 48th anniversary. (I was a child bride.) For the last 48 years, my husband has given me the same gift (also the same thing for Mother's Day some years). The thoughtful gift is a box of pecan delights. He gave me this the year I had C. diff. and osteomyelitis of the jaw and could hardly open my mouth to eat - let alone chew caramel, nuts, and chocolate. (He eats what I don't eat so he had the entire box to himself.)

Due to other health issues now, I am not supposed to eat chocolate or nuts anymore and reminded him of this last night. So what was my present today?? A box of pecan delights! (I did eat two.)

I went out to dinner with some women friends and left him at home alone. I am buying myself several nice anniversary gifts tomorrow and am thinking about getting a new car. (I inherited some money from a relative.)

Unfortunately, murder is illegal in every state and country - even for "just cause."

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Re: Let Them Give Birth! (Apologies for "man bashing.")

Postby getwellsoon » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:49 am

I have been married 44 yrs. and I so relate. At least he gets you something, I mostly get a card. He stopped the flowers awhile ago. If we happen to be in Costco when an occasion is coming up he says, You want flowers???? UH No not if I have to pay for them and pick them out myself. Men, you can't change them at that age. I can so relate Bobbie. Have fun with your girlfriends. They are more fun to talk to anyway. Carol
CAROL

Prayingmother
Regular User

Postby Prayingmother » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:54 am

LOL, I learned this too. Some husbands give bad gifts. Now I buy my own Christmas gifts and wrap them! haha

I am very thankful to have a husband who loves me, however we buy our own stuff now, :)

wen23
Regular Contributor

Postby wen23 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:21 pm

Happy Anniversary friend.Its rare that you find a marriage that lasts longer than a car. Enjoy Wen

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:30 pm

I ate six of the pecan delights. Damn!!! I asked my husband to hide them. If he doesn't I am going to "toss" them.

I bought myself several lovely anniversary presents today. Lookin' good - or as good as someone in the "stage four of life" (according to our financial advisors) can. I've found it's best to try on clothes in a dressing room with low lighting without a three way mirror.

Food does IS NOT a good anniversary present. I don't think I will get a box of pecan delights next year - or for Mother's Day. Nagging/bitching can be effective.

Thank you for the "Happy Anniversary" wishes. One of us (or both) should have a purple heart - or a gold medal.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:47 pm

On our anniversary, we exchange cards. Woohoo... I like your idea of purple hearts. Good for you for buying yourself anniversary presents. I will have to remember that.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:09 am

Bobbie, Wen is right, at least we hung in there and have long term marriages. He may have his faults but he is always there when I am sick. I think I'll keep him after 44 yrs. Hope you had a good Anniversary with your GF's. Carol
CAROL

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:39 pm

Yep, too late to "change horses in midstream" to quote an old saying. And he has been helpful many times. Don't know what I would have done without him. BUT no more pecan delights

saraht
Long Time Contributor

Postby saraht » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:43 pm

Bobbie, this made me giggle. Men are so typical, lol. Maybe next year he will get you something different? My husband and I have been together over 11 years now. High school sweethearts, married for over 6.
We got married, bought a house, and moved in, all in the same weekend. For our 1 year wedding anniversary I thought maybe he would get me something really special. I bought his something I new he would love, he gave me my gift and......
It was a certificate to get my car detailed.

I can't complain much because he does try, he thinks about things that he would think I would like, due to something I may have said. My husband works nightshift and drives out of town, I was pregnant and worried all the time about being home alone, so for Christmas he bought me....... A handgun.
Something I had never used before, I didn't even know how to hold it. Needless to say, it went back to the store.

Return to “Humor”