Sincere apologies!

Designed to keep your chin up! Smiling is not painful and can help heal...
Knitter
Regular Contributor

Sincere apologies!

Postby Knitter » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:39 pm

This disease has brought about a strange sense of humour in me. In trying to hide from the humiliation, loneliness and boredom I am currently experiencing, I decided to make it my "mission" to try to make other people, those who are also suffering this disease, smile or laugh. If I have offended anyone with my silly jokes, I sincerely apologize. I know this is a serious disease and that people are suffering untold agonies (physically, emotionally and financially) because of C. Diff. I do take it seriously! I just thought it would be nice to lighten up once in a while and have a laugh. Again, if I have offended anyone, I do apologize!
Vancocin 250 mg. 4 X daily, Bio-K+, 4 acidophilis pills. IBS, Type II Diabetes, A-typical Menieres. C. Diff. 6X/11 months til May/2006; recurred Sept. 26, 2010.
Take care, stay safe and be happy!
Knitter

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:47 pm

Knitter,
You don't need to apologize for anything. I, too, have a bizarre sense of humor and would rather laugh than cry or whine. C. diff. should inspire all three emotions. First you cry, then you whine, then (hopefully) you laugh. That's why "Humor" was created. I enjoy your stories, especially "As the Stomach Churns." Keep them up but perhaps just in this section as we are gaining so many people and thus so many posts.

"Newbies" won't get to the humor stage for awhile. If they don't, it's their loss.
Last edited by Bobbie on Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:16 pm

knitter
You did not offend me, but i do wonder how is it you do; You are a strong person, and make the best of a bad situation, even finding humor in it.

Lauren
Administrator

Postby Lauren » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:41 pm

Knitter - gotta tell you, I've been enjoying the humor too. You aren't bothering me one bit.

Over the years, my completely unscientific survey would indicate that those who approach this with some sense of the ridiculous as well as sheer determination to get better do pretty well over the long haul. It seems to be much harder on those who don't have either.

You, I have a feeling, will ultimately be fine.

fluff
Regular Contributor

Postby fluff » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:19 pm

LOL I'm rarely if ever offended, Knitter. You are just too funny! I cant get over the airborne c-diff from farting. LOLOLOLOL
+ Oct 13, 2005.. 10 day Flagyl, 14 day Vanco & Florastor. + Nov 18, 2005.. 14 day Alinia & VSL3 & jarro dolpholis & Kefir. Positive YET again Dec 8, 2005. Now on 30 days Vanco & Rifampin GOOOOOOO AWAY!

Knitter
Regular Contributor

Postby Knitter » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:19 pm

Well Fluff it was an honest question, but I know it DID sound hilarious (toot, toot)!

Lauren, I hope your prediction is correct. There are days when I wonder though. What has kept me going is coming in here and reading the funnies every day as well as the serious things. Thanks for all your hard work in here. This room has been a Godsend for me!

Marcia, I don't know how I do it either. Perhaps one day I will figure that out and I'll let you know. There are days I am so depressed I can't believe it, and as I said earlier, I just go check out the funnies on this forum and it helps.

Bobbie, perhaps one day I too will get to the humour stage and then watch out forum, here I come!

Thanks all for the reassurances! Onward and forward...
Vancocin 250 mg. 4 X daily, Bio-K+, 4 acidophilis pills. IBS, Type II Diabetes, A-typical Menieres. C. Diff. 6X/11 months til May/2006; recurred Sept. 26, 2010.
Take care, stay safe and be happy!
Knitter

Return to “Humor”