Standing guard

Designed to keep your chin up! Smiling is not painful and can help heal...
notheidi
Regular Contributor

Standing guard

Postby notheidi » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:10 pm

I was waiting for my doctor's appointment on Monday and realized with no shortage of mortification: I didn't time things correctly--I. Would. Have. To. Go. I opened the ladies' room door and someone coughed, which was all I needed to decide: Not There. [covid]. Next up was the Gender Neutral bathroom. On that throne, I found a home. I did my business and felt quite relieved.

Although I was on my last day of vanco, I was still worried about the next unsuspecting Gender Neutral Person to use the bathroom. Good lord I do not want to give this to they, them, or anyone! I decided on a plan. I would tell the Security Guard that the bathroom needed to be cleaned with bleach.

The Security Guard was not at their desk. Desperate and not willing to give up, I approached Member Services who was helping another patient, and an RN came up to me. I spilled the beans: "I had to use the bathroom and I'm infectious, the bathroom needs to be cleaned with bleach." They said to go tell the security guard. I said the security guard wasn't at the desk. Looking annoyed (for she did not understand the gravity of my noble cause) Member Services said she'd let housekeeping know.

This left me with one problem: what to do until housekeeping came? I saw a woman pushing an infant in a stroller with a toddler in tow and I shuddered. Would they be the next victims in the Gender Neutral bathroom? I followed them and thankfully they did not go in.

I entertained the thought about standing guard over the bathroom, like a bear guarding fresh kill. Since I didn't know how long housekeeping would take and since my appointment time was approaching, I had to leave.

Humor or horror? Methinks a little of both.
2010 mod/sev w/leukocytosis, cefdenir-sinus inf, metro rx'd wrong, resurged during tx. recovered w/dose change, lost 40 lbs. 2015 mod recur fr SNF, no abx, resolved w/vanco. 7/2022 mod recur, community acq, no abx, intermittent prodrome but didn't realize

Return to “Humor”