Don't be last!

Designed to keep your chin up! Smiling is not painful and can help heal...
roy
Administrator

Don't be last!

Postby roy » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:48 pm

I had to go to the hospital for a gastroscopy today. There were three other guys in the waiting room. The doctor came through and explained what was happening to the four of us. He said that I was having the gastroscopy, which is the camera down the throat, and the other three were there for a colonoscopy, which is the camera up the butt. He then asked if any of us had any questions. I said, “Yes… can I go first?”

BetsyS
Regular Contributor

Re: Don't be last!

Postby BetsyS » Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:15 pm

I can relate! Because of GERD, I always have endoscopic exams (scope down the throat) when I have my colonoscopies. My GI has a great sense of humor and I've had a good relationship with him for over 25 years. I have no memory of this because of Versaid, but he once woke me up after the colonoscopy to let me know they would be starting the endoscopic. It was not my first rodeo, but I guess I asked if they would first clean the scope. They were all in hysterics! He must have made a note in my chart because he now tells me " and we'll use a fresh scope just for you" before every procedure.

Return to “Humor”